- The Green Waste Club is run by Biffa, our local collection service.
- Register or login to arrange for your garden waste to be collected
- Check your collection date to find out when your next collection will be
- Brown bins are collected every 2 weeks.
- Bins need to be placed on the boundary of your property (where it meets the pavement) before 6am on collection day.
- Garden waste must be placed loose in the bin – not in bags.
What can I put in my brown bin?
- Leaves, grass cuttings, hedge and tree cuttings etc
- Any woody material under 10cm (4 inches) in diameter
What can’t I put in my brown bin?
- Logs or large branches (any woody material exceeding 10cm – 4 inches – in diameter)
- Food waste such as vegetable peelings
- Animal waste such as droppings etc.
- Animal bedding
- Soil, hardcore, bricks, paving slabs etc
Where it goes and what happens to it
Biffa takes the garden waste to local facilities near Basingstoke and Winchester, and it is composted.