- The Green Waste Club is run by Biffa, our local collection service.
- Register or login to arrange for your garden waste to be collected
- View the collection calendar to find out when garden waste is collected.
- Brown bins are collected every 2 weeks.
- Bins need to be placed on the boundary of your property (where it meets the pavement) before 7am on collection day.
- Garden waste must be placed loose in the bin – not in bags.
What can I put in my brown bin?
- Leaves, grass cuttings, hedge and tree cuttings etc
- Any woody material under 10cm (4 inches) in diameter
What can’t I put in my brown bin?
- Logs or large branches (any woody material exceeding 10cm – 4 inches – in diameter)
- Food waste such as vegetable peelings
- Animal waste such as droppings etc.
- Animal bedding
- Soil, hardcore, bricks, paving slabs etc
Where it goes and what happens to it
Biffa takes the garden waste to local facilities near Basingstoke and Winchester, and it is composted.
What if I can’t put my brown bin out?
- If you have a medical condition that prevents you from putting your recycling out please contact Biffa to discuss arranging an assisted collection.
- You’ll find their contact details on the Green Waste Club website.
Fallen leaves from trees (October and November)
If you have trees on the highway next to your property, Colas can provide bags for you to clear leaves that fall into your front garden or forecourt, between October and November only.