Homesafety is available for all, whether you are a council tenant, private tenant or homeowner.
Children under five-years-old
We can visit your home and check it for child safety hazards, as well as provide advice and safety equipment such as:
- Cupboard and fridge locks
- Non-slip bath mats
- Corner cushions for furniture
- Door stoppers to prevent children trapping their hands
- Door and window locks
- For a small charge we can also supply and fit safety gates and fireguards
Safety equipment is not a substitute for parental supervision - children must be kept away from dangerous objects and situations.
People over 60 or physically disabled
We can check the safety and security of your home, offer advice and do repairs to make your house safer, including:
- Fixing a loose carpet
- Changing plugs and fuses to make your electrics safe
- Fitting door bolts, chains and extra locks to make your home more secure
- Raising electric wall sockets to make them more accessible
- For a small charge we can also supply and fit grab-rails, chair raisers and key safes
Visits are free of charge. There may be equipment charges depending on the job.