Portsmouth City Council lets out more than 2,350 garages and 2,300 parking spaces across and outside of the city at very reasonable rates. Some areas have waiting lists. Charges vary according to location – price ranges are as follows:
Parking Spaces* – from £2.02 to £16.68 per week (including VAT for non-Portsmouth City Council tenants or leaseholders)
Garages – from £11.00 to £24.66 per week (including VAT for non-Portsmouth City Council tenants or leaseholders)
Caged parking – from £5.10 to £16.68 per week (including VAT for non-Portsmouth City Council tenants or leaseholders)
* There are two types of parking space – ground level and underground. Caged parking sites are located in Buckland only.
Anyone can apply to rent a parking space or garage, but the government adds VAT for anyone who is not a Portsmouth City Council tenant or leaseholder.
Applying and paying for a garage or parking space
You’ll need to sign a licence agreement that lists the conditions of use, which you can view below.
It’s easy to make regular payments:
- Direct debit – you will need to request a direct debit mandate to complete and return to the local housing office. You can request this over the phone or in person.
- Standing order – you will need to give the councils details to your bank (Barclays Bank PLC Account number 23526623, Sort code 20-69-57)
Alternatively you can pay:
- Make payments online
- Using our automated telephone payment service on 0800 876 6576
- Pay cash, cheque or debit/credit card at the civic offices or your local housing office
How to find out what parking is available
To find out what is available, please email or telephone your local housing office with enquires. Include the following information:
- Whether you are interested in a parking space, garage or both
- Your address
- The address or area you are looking for
Local housing offices:
- Buckland: email@example.com or 023 9260 6500
- City South/Somerstown: firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9260 6300
- Landport: email@example.com or 023 9260 6400
- Leigh Park: firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9230 6900
- Paulsgrove: email@example.com or 023 9260 6030
- Portsea: firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9260 6200
Ending your garage or parking space agreement
For details on ending your garage or parking space agreement, please see your licence agreement. We do not require advance notice; however the garage or parking space must be cleared and left as it was let to you.
If we need to end the licence agreement we will give you at least one week’s written notice.