Highland cemetery – Highland Road, Southsea, PO4 9AH
Also known as Eastney cemetery.
- Graves of historical interest with many decorated servicemen and women, associates of Dickens and royalty buried here
- The last available plot was used in 1956 but existing family plots are still re-opened and used
- Opened in 1854 and 17 acres in size
Kingston cemetery – St Mary’s Road, Fratton PO1 5PQ
Also referred to as Portsea or St Mary’s cemetery.
- Holds approximately 400 burials per year
- Opened in 1856 and, at 52 acres, is Portsmouth’s largest cemetery
Milton cemetery – Milton Road, Milton PO4 8RS
- The office that administers all three cemeteries is based here
- Over 25 acres and holds approximately 200 burials per year
- Opened 8 April 1912 – the same week the Titanic sank