This scheme went live on Monday 11 December 2023

Roads included

Childe Square, Gruneisen Road, Harbour Way, Hilldowns Avenue, Jervis Road, Osier Close, Range Green, Somerville Place, Stamshaw Road (between its junction with Penrose Close and its junction with Twyford Avenue), Strode Road, Target Road, Tipner Green, Tipner Lane, Tipner Road, Twyford Avenue (between its junction with Wilson Road and its junction with Tipner Road), Victory Green, Walker Road, Walden Road, Widley Road and Wilson Road


The scheme operates at all times, non-permit holders can park for 2 hours with no return in 4 hours, except in Osier Close alongside the allotments, where they can park for 4 hours with no return in 4 hours.

Residents in the following roads who have a dropped kerb providing access to their own off-road parking location (such as hardstanding or garage), and also park a vehicle across the access will require a permit to park on the road. This is because these roads will not have bay markings in place, only signs. A permit is required to park in any part of these roads where parking can take place, but not on double yellow lines:

  • Childe Square
  • Harbour Way
  • Range Green
  • Somerville Place
  • Victory Green

Residents permits for the FJ zone cannot be used to park in off-street housing parking bays (such as in Childe Square and Somerville Place) and permits issued by housing for their parking bays cannot be used to park on-street in the FJ zone.

How to buy a resident's permit

View the resident parking permit page for information about applying for and renewing a parking permit.

Where to buy visitor permits

Visitor scratchcards for all zones are available from the Central Library in Guildhall Square – or register for visitor permits using RingGo.

For this zone, you can also purchase visitor permits at:

  • North End Library, Gladys Avenue, PO2 9AX (closed for
    refurbishment Mon 22 Jan – Monday 5 February 2024)

Information for residents - FAQs

For generic permit questions visit our resident parking permits page.