re:work is a free Portsmouth City Council service which supports people who are in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction to find employment.
re:work is based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment. Research has shown this is effective in helping people back into sustained work as part of their recovery.
Who can get support
Individual Placement and Support is available to those who are:
- in structured treatment for drug and/or alcohol use, and
- of working age.
re:work takes referrals of clients from Hampshire NHS Inclusion teams at Fareham, Gosport and Havant and from the Society of St James in Portsmouth.
How it works
The re:work team of employment specialists works with clients and employers to set up employment opportunities across the south Hampshire area. Candidates are matched with local jobs vacancies based on their previous skills and training.
The re:work service:
- Matches candidates’ skills and experience with job specifications and business needs
- Recommends candidates to employers based on their previous skills and training
- Works to ensure employers interview highly-enthusiastic people eager to work
- Can arrange job trials
- Provides ongoing support to both the employer and candidate
- Does not charge any fees