You can apply for a disabled person’s bus pass by emailing your scanned/photographed documentation to email@example.com with a contact telephone number or apply in person at the Civic Offices Monday – Friday 9am -1pm.
You will need proof that you live in Portsmouth (such as a council tax bill, housing benefit, rent book, tenancy agreement, electoral registration or utility bill), proof of date of birth (such as birth certificate, passport, driving licence or medical card), national insurance number and a passport-quality colour photograph. You will also need to provide proof of disability, such as:
- Attendance allowance
- Disability Living Allowance with a mobility component at the higher rate
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) where the applicant has been awarded at least eight points or more for the PIP ‘Moving Around’ and ‘Communicating Verbally’ activities
- Award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1-8 under the 2005 Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (WPMS) under the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
- Letter from the DVLA giving notice of long term refusal or withdrawal of driving license on medical grounds, (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme)
- A mental health healthcare professional’s standard NHS exclusion letter containing their contact details
- Blue badge
- Registration with social care (yellow card)
- Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI) signed by an eye consultant (ophthalmologist)
- An audiologist’s report confirming that the applicant demonstrates the level of hearing reaches 70 + decibels in hearing level (dB HL)
- Letter on official paper from a medical professional such as neurologist, cardiologist, physiotherapist, etc. confirming the specified medical condition/disability would render the applicant ineligible to apply for or hold a driving licence
If you think you are eligible, but don’t have any of the documents, please contact us to discuss this.