Following the government’s coronavirus advice, which includes avoiding social contact, Portsmouth City Council has taken the sensible precaution to protect the public by reducing non-essential council services.
During this time if you wish to apply for a new disabled person’s bus pass please scan or take pictures of your entitlement documentation, and attach them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact telephone number.
If you have any questions please contact the city helpdesk 023 9268 8599.
You can apply for a disabled person’s bus pass by emailing your scanned/photographed documentation to email@example.com with a contact telephone number.
You will need proof that you live in Portsmouth (such as a council tax bill, housing benefit, rent book, electoral registration or utility bill) and a passport-quality colour photograph. You will also need to provide proof of disability, such as:
- Attendance allowance
- Disability Living Allowance with a mobility component
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) where the applicant has been awarded at least eight points or more for the PIP ‘Moving Around’ and ‘Communicating Verbally’ activities
- Award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1-8 under the 2005 Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (WPMS) under the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
- Letter from the DVLA giving notice of long term refusal or withdrawal of driving license on medical grounds, (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme)
- A mental health healthcare professional’s standard NHS exclusion letter containing their contact details
- Blue badge
- Registration with social care (yellow card)
If you think you are eligible, but don’t have any of the documents, please contact us to discuss this.