Apply for a parking suspension, fees, extensions, refunds
Please email the details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- which address you’d like the suspension for
- details of the vehicle(s) that will be using the suspended space
- the length of road area required in metres
- the start date and number of days the suspension is required
We will reply, confirming whether or not the suspension has been approved and, if so, how much it will cost.
Minimum notice period
Please apply at least four days before the suspension start date to enable us time to process your request.
Applications received less than four days before the required date are not guaranteed to be accepted and will incur a short-notice fee as detailed below.
Where possible we will assist, but we cannot be liable for parking spaces being occupied by another vehicle in the case of late applications.
The parking suspension fees below are subject to a minimum charge of £38.
- Suspension fee – £1 per metre, per day
- Suspensions booked less than four days before the date required (short-notice fee) – £1.50 per metre, per day
- Extensions booked less than 4 days before the end of the suspension period – £1.50 per metre, per day
Extending a parking suspension
You can apply to extend a suspension in a similar way to the original request. Charges for extensions are detailed in the fees and charges list.
If you do not apply for an extension, the suspension will be terminated on the end date of the original application.
You will be charged at the higher rate if you continue to occupy the suspended area once the end date has passed.
Refunds for early redemption
If you find you don’t need the suspension for the full amount of time booked, let us know you want to end the suspension early – if the remaining value is £50 or more, we will refund 50p per metre, per day.
Refunds for cancellation
We can only grant a full refund if you cancel your request at least four days before the start date. No refund will be given due to unauthorised vehicles being parked in the suspended area.