In additional to the National mandatory documents you are also required to submit:
Where the application relates to a use, a building operation, or non-compliance with a condition –
- The date that the use (or breach of condition) started, or the date on which the building was substantially complete
- Any use class the applicant considers to be applicable
- In the case of a breach of condition, details of the relevant application
2 copies of evidence supporting your application. Documentary evidence could include where appropriate:
- Utility Bills
- Council tax bills
- Tenancy agreements
- Sworn statements or affidavits from people with personal knowledge of the site
- Environmental health records (if related to a commercial premises or hmo’s)
- An explanatory statement
- Photographic evidence
- Copies of bills / invoices, company accounts
- Copies of previous planning permissions
If your application relates to a building operation or use of a building you are required to submit 2 copies of the following (in addition to the documents listed above):
- Existing and original floor plans for all applications involving the use of a building to a
scale of not less than 1:100.
- Existing and original elevations for all building works to a scale of not less than 1:100.
The burden of proof in an application for a Certificate of Lawful Development lies firmly with the applicant. Therefore clear and precise information, supported by sufficient evidence, must be provided to enable the Council to make a complete and accurate assessment against current planning legislation. Failure to submit all the required information may result in the refusal of your application.