You may complain about a councillor if you think they have breached the members code of conduct.

Responsibility for considering complaints lies with the Governance and Audit and Standards Committee.

If you want to complain about a Portsmouth City Councillor you must complete a complaint form and return it by email at

An assessment sub-committee will deal with complaints, but it will not deal with any complaint that is not covered by the code of conduct – if you make a complaint it must be because you think a councillor has not followed the code of conduct.

We base our assessment on the criteria described in the Local assessment criteria document.