Planning applications under consideration can be viewed and commented on using the PublicAccess system.
Users can also monitor the progress of an application or view details of historic applications.
- To use PublicAccess you must agree with the copyright notice outlined in the PublicAccess copyright notice section.
- For more information on how we deal with planning applications, including making a deputation in front of the planning committee, visit our Planning application process and fees page.
If you experience any problems viewing or commenting on planning applications, please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Access copyright notice
Plans, drawings and material submitted to us are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Further information on Public Access
- Guidance on using the Public Access system can be found in the Public Access user guide.
- Public Access is not intended to replace our statutory register of planning applications. Current planning applications and documents are available for viewing on request at the Civic Offices during normal office hours.
- The online planning history should not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal land charge search. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access.
- The information contained on Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer’s own risk.
- Although all plans and drawings on this website are scans of scaled originals, the images will not appear at any particular scale on your screen. Figured dimensions, where they appear, are the only indications of measurements on these images.
How we publish planning application documents
Before we publish planning documentation on our website, we take all reasonable steps to remove personal phone numbers (not business), email addresses and signatures from planning applications, representations or other documents received as part of the planning application process – we have done this since about 2006.
Until we are satisfied that personal information held on applications prior to 2006 has been removed, we will only display the decision notice and drawings on all determined applications.
If you have any queries or concerns about any published information please phone our business support team on 023 9268 8832.
How we consult on planning applications
The Council has adopted a Statement of Community Involvement, which sets out how we will consult on planning applications.
Further information can be found on the Local Plan page.