Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Healthcare waste collections are suspended as a result of coronavirus
Suspension of healthcare waste collections
Due to the current situation around Covid-19, the collection of sharps boxes has been suspended.
If you have a referral form from your healthcare provider or doctors surgery, and it is for collection of clinical bag waste, please telephone 023 9284 1105.
What can we take away?
- Sharps/needles contaminated with medicines and which could be infectious
- Sharps/needles contaminated with cytotoxic/cytostatic products which could be infectious
- Bagged waste that is not infectious, or may be infectious but can be treated - this includes waste from home dialysis
What can't we take away?
- Sharps or needles that are not contained in a special yellow sharps container. These are supplied by chemists and medical professionals.
- Incontinence pads - these should be securely bagged and put in with your normal rubbish.