Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
One in four women - and one in seven men - are likely to experience domestic abuse in their lifetime, so if it is happening to you, you are not alone.
Safer Portsmouth Partnership
If you are worried about your own or someone else's safety please call 999.
If you are under 16 and want to talk about domestic abuse please call 0800 1111 (Childline).
If you are over 16 and want to talk about domestic abuse please call us on 023 92065494.
Sexual abuse or violence
Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service (PARCS) provides free counselling and support for anyone living in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire who has experienced rape, childhood sexual abuse or other form of sexual violation any time in their lives.
PARCS also offers specialist counselling for all genders, aged 18 and over who are experiencing, or have experienced, domestic abuse.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 9266 9513 during office hours.
Helplines operate Monday 1-3pm, Wednesday and Friday 7-10pm, supported by 24-hour answerphones.
- Women - 023 9266 9511
- Men - 023 9266 9516
Follow the links for more information on:
Other sources of help
More local organisations which may offer help and advice:
- Housing Needs & Advice - 023 9283 4989
- Inscape (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) - 023 9265 5077 or 23 9229 8950
- Men's Aid - free practical advice and support to men who have been abused or are in an abusive relationship. Someone to talk to in the strictest of confidence. Helpful, constructive advice, plus other useful contacts specific to you - 0871 223 9986
- Naval Personal & Family Service - 023 9272 2712
- Police Domestic Abuse co-ordinators - call 101 and ask for the Eastern Safeguarding Team
- Portsmouth & Havant Victim Support - 023 9265 3111
- Portsmouth Women's Refuge - 023 9229 1034
- Social Services - 023 9283 9111
- Women's Aid - free practical advice and support for women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse. Someone to speak to in the strictest of confidence, instructive and helpful information and contacts specific to you. Links with Portsmouth Women's Refuge Service - 0808 2000 247
National advice lines
Below are UK-wide organisations which may offer help and advice:
- National domestic abuse 24-hour helpline - 0808 2000 247
- Childline - 0800 1111
- NSPCC Child Protection Line - 0800 800 500
- Victim Support - 0845 3030 900
Gov.uk has more information on domestic abuse nationally.