Portsmouth City Council makes sure that support for children with special educational needs is normally provided in mainstream schools.
The council also provides a support service for parents of children with special educational needs, offering independent information, guidance and advice on a wide range of educational issues. This is run on the council’s behalf by The Rose Road Association, which is a charity that has been established since 1952 across Hampshire and surrounding areas. Rose Road works with children and adults with complex and multiple disabilities and health needs, and their families. We use an external company to ensure that the service is independent. All information is treated in the strictest confidence, and details will not be passed on to anyone without permission.
Portsmouth SEND IASS Provides:
- A free, impartial, confidential service, provided independently from education, health and care providers, by trained staff
- Support to all Portsmouth parents and carers of a child or young person (aged 0-25) with a disability and/or special educational needs and/or the child or young person themselves
- Information to help enable parents, carers, children and young people to take an active and informed role in theirs and their child’s education and development, and build partnerships with the professionals they are involved with
Portsmouth SEND IASS can help by:
- Providing a confidential help line and listening to your concerns
- Providing information about who to talk to, and how your child is assessed and helped in school
- Answering questions about SEN Support and preparation of Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans
- Explaining your options, rights and responsibilities
- Preparing with you for meetings and when necessary attending meetings with you
- Supporting you to resolve disagreements, and with mediation and appeals for admissions and SEN transport
- Providing information on services and support available in Portsmouth for your family
For more information call 0300 303 2000 or email email@example.com
Visit Portsmouth SEND IASS