Portsmouth City Council provides transport to mainstream or special schools for children and young people who meet specific criteria. This is set out in:
- the Home to School Travel Assistance Policy – which includes the travel assistance policy for children of statutory school age (5-16)
- the Post 16 Learners statement – it includes the travel assistance statement for post-16 learners.
For more information contact the specific department involved in providing transport for schools, based at Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth:
- entitlement to travelling assistance – phone 023 9283 4962
- travelling assistance for children with special educational needs – phone 023 9284 1238
- transport to school – queries about the transport itself – phone 023 9284 1345
- children’s social care can be contacted on 023 9284 9111
If you think your child may qualify for travel assistance, you can complete the online application forms for a secondary school bus pass or home to college transport. If your child has a statutory entitlement to school travel you will be contacted by the SEND team or Access & Entitlement Team who will make the necessary arrangements.