This policy will apply to all admissions for the academic year 2020/21 including in year applications.
The published admission number is 60 for September 2020. If the school is oversubscribed, applications will be considered first according to the following priorities in the order set out below:
- Looked after Children-These are defined as Looked after Children and all previously looked after children, including those children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. Previously looked after children are children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Children or families who have a significant medical, physical, psychological or social need. Evidence must be attached with the application form. Applications under this criterion must be supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional involved stating clearly why the preferred school is the most appropriate for the child and reasons why other schools in the city are inappropriate. Please see “Additional Information”.
- Children whose parents have a religious conviction for attending the school.. If the
school cannot admit all applications from this criteria applicants will be ranked within this category in accordance with priorities in 4.& 5 .below. Please see “Additional Information”.
- Children living within the school’s designated catchment area. (If the school cannot
admit all applications from the catchment area, applicants will be ranked within this
category in accordance with priorities in 5. below.
- Children living outside the school’s catchment area in the following priority order:
i) children who have a brother or sister (living within the same household) already on roll and who will still be attending the school the following academic year; Note – this category does include step-brothers/step-sisters, adoptive and foster brothers/sisters living within the same household or children whose parents are married or cohabiting and live together within the same household.
ii) children eligible for service premium. Note – service premium is paid to eligible children of armed services personnel under S14 of the Education Act 2002
iii) children of staff employed at the school
(a) where the member of staff has been employed at the school for 2 or more years at the time at which the application is made, and or
(b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a
demonstrable skill shortage
iv) children who live closest to the school, based on the shortest distance from home to school, measured on straight line ‘as the crow flies’. (This distance will be used where necessary to prioritise applications). Please see “Additional Information” below. Should there be two or more identical distances requiring prioritisation, this will be done by casting lots. Please see “Additional Information” below. Note: Should a school be oversubscribed from within any of the criteria above then any additional criteria will be used to prioritise applications within these categories.