1. An application letter (personalised for each child) will be provided to each year 6 pupil (known to the LA) resident within the Portsmouth boundary at least six weeks before the advertised closing date of application, advising them about the application process, how to apply and the closing date.
2. Information regarding pupils who reside within the Portsmouth boundary but attend schools maintained by other Local Authorities (LAs) and pupils resident outside of the Portsmouth boundary but attending schools maintained by Portsmouth LA will be exchanged between the relevant LAs in the summer term preceding the year of application to enable application letters and information to be sent to the home address.
3. The Portsmouth Admission Common Application Form for Portsmouth residents will give parent/carers* the opportunity to apply for any school in or outside of the Portsmouth area. Parents will be given the opportunity to apply for up to six preferences. Supplementary forms may be provided in order to gain specific information for the Voluntary Aided schools
and Academies in accordance with their admissions policies. Applications may be made online or by submitting a paper application.
4. Portsmouth residents whose Year 6 child attends a Portsmouth junior/primary school
Parents should apply online or return the Portsmouth admission application form to the to the Admissions Team by midnight 31st October 2021.
5. Primary/junior schools should log and forward any paper application forms received to the Portsmouth Admissions Team as soon as they are received.
6. Portsmouth parents whose Year 6 child attends a school outside of Portsmouth
Parents should apply on a Portsmouth application form on line or return their paper form to Portsmouth Admissions Team (details provided on the application form) by 31st October 2021.
7. Portsmouth will exchange preference data with neighbouring Local Authorities from November onwards as appropriate.
8. Applications from parents who live outside of the Portsmouth area applying for schools in the Portsmouth area
Applications must be made online or on the relevant Admissions application form issued by the home authority. Parent/carers should return their application to their home authority Admissions Team by 31st October 2021 who will then exchange data with the Portsmouth Admissions Team.
9. The Admissions Team will carry out checks to verify the child’s permanent address using Council tax and other LA records. Proof of address may be requested by the Admissions Team after the application has been received.