Items in good condition but no time to sell? Think about donating them.
Remember: Never leave donations on the floor by bring banks or outside charity shops. It’s fly-tipping and the donations may also get stolen or damaged by weather and animals.
- Portsmouth Foodbank – drop-offs between 9am-2pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the King’s Church, Fraser Road, Southsea PO5 4QA or contact email@example.com.
- Give to friends and family
Top tip: Only donate non-perishable food in unopened tins, cans or packets to charities.
Some of Portsmouth’s local charities accepting good condition furniture:
Top tip: Any upholstered furniture will need to still have their Fire Safety 1988 label on.
Kitchen utensils, crockery, bedding, mattresses
- Moving on Project Portsmouth – email firstname.lastname@example.org to check what donations the charity currently needs. Drop-offs are at their unit in Grafton Street on Mondays and Saturdays 10am-2pm.
Top tip: Please make sure donations are clean and in good condition – they are going to individuals and families in need of a fresh start.
Textiles, Books, CDs, DVDs and bric-a-brac
- Local charity shops – Check out Palmerston Road, Osborne Road, Fratton Road and London Road
- Over 100 textile and book banks in the city
- Give away online – just search for Portsmouth (or Southsea) Freecycle
Find your nearest recycling point at www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator