We don’t collect business waste – find more information about disposing of business waste.

Small and medium sized businesses with a waste carriers licence can now take trade/commercial waste to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre in Port Solent. Visit Hampshire County Council’s trade waste page to find out what materials are accepted and more information.

Business waste must be kept to a minimum by doing everything reasonable to prevent, reuse, recycle or recover waste. Businesses must also sort and store waste safely and securely, and complete a transfer note for every load of waste given to a carrier. Carriers must be registered to dispose of waste.

You can find out more about property developer guidelines to providing adequate bin collection and storage facilities.