We welcome residents’ views and suggestions to help create cleaner, greener and better-connected journeys. This page tells you how you can share your feedback with us.
Whether you would like to suggest changes to a junction, a new cycle path or creation of a one-way street, please get in contact with us at TransportRequests@portsmouthcc.gov.uk.
All suggestions will be reviewed and assessed based on safety and how the measures support the delivery of the Portsmouth Transport Strategy. As part of this, we will also consider factors such as funding opportunities and other planned works in the area.
If a suggestion is high priority and feasible, the council will seek funding where possible to deliver the works. However, there is no guarantee this will be available.
To make a travel improvement suggestion email TransportRequests@portsmouthcc.gov.uk. Please provide the following information in the email:
- Tell us about the improvement you’d like to suggest
- Give us details of why you would like to see the improvement made. Please provide as much background information as possible including any issues, opportunities or ideas you have
- Where you’d like to see the improvement, including the road(s), and any landmarks to help us identify the exact location. You may also wish to share a what.three.words code or google pin for the exact location.
If you have any problems on the roads or pavements, there are online forms where you can report:
- an abandoned vehicle
- a broken street light
- a cycle lane or cycle parking problem
- equipment left on the road
- flooding on the road
- illegal parking
- a near miss (walking or cycling)
- a pothole or problem with a road
- a parking issue
- a problem with a pavement
- road markings that have faded
- a sign problem
- a traffic light issue
- a tree problem (fallen tree, etc.)