On this page you will find the terms and conditions for using concessionary travel passes in Portsmouth.
To apply for a pass, visit the page for:
These Portsmouth Concessionary Travel Pass Terms and Conditions are applicable to all those who live in Portsmouth and who are issued with a valid concessionary travel pass by the Portsmouth Travel Concessions Authority (Portsmouth City Council).
1. The Portsmouth Concessionary Travel Pass is part of the English National Travel Concessionary Scheme. It can therefore be used for free travel on local buses as follows anywhere within England;
2. The pass is not valid in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
3. The pass is only valid whilst the passholder’s only or principal residence is in Portsmouth. Any passholder moving out of the area must notify Portsmouth City Council and apply for a pass in the area where they now live.
4. The pass can only be used by the passholder whose name and photograph appear on the pass and is not transferable. Fraudulent use will result in prosecution.
5. The pass is not valid if out of date, illegible, damaged or altered.
6. There is a £10 administration fee, payable in advance, for replacing a damaged, defaced or lost pass. The fee is not refundable if the lost pass is later found.
7. Report stolen passes to the police, so that you get a crime reference number. With a verified crime reference number we issue replacement cards without charge.
8. If there is a technical problem with your card, it will also be replaced free of charge.
9. The pass must be shown whenever requested by an inspector or driver.
10. The pass should be returned to the administrator if for any reason the holder is no longer entitled to and/or able to make use of the concession.
11. The pass does not give any rights other than those enjoyed by any fare paying passenger, nor does it entitle a passholder to be carried in preference to any other passengers.
12. Portsmouth City Council can accept no liability for the failure of any bus service to operate or of any bus operator to accept a concessionary pass.
13. The pass remains the property of Portsmouth Council and may be withdrawn by an operator or by Portsmouth City Council if misused.
14. Portsmouth City Council reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions at any time and will consult users as required.
15. For more information phone the concessionary fare helpline on 023 9268 8599, write or visit us at the cash office on the ground floor of Portsmouth City Council Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, PO1 2AL.