On this page you will find information about where to buy visitor parking permits, how much they cost, and what you need to purchase them.
What is a visitor parking permit?
You can buy visitor parking permits by registering your home or mobile number with the RingGo website. Visitor permits are for use by visitors only – not residents, who should apply for a resident permit.
You can also buy visitor permits for any visitors including workmen. You will need to show:
- a current council tax bill, lease/rental agreement or utility bill no older than 3 months (for proof of address)
- a photo ID, such as a driving licence (this can also be your proof of address).
There are two different visitor permits currently available:
- 12 hour permit – £1.15
- 24 hour permit – £2.20Only residents can buy visitor permits – your visitors can’t buy them on your behalf. Workmen can buy them if they can show proof of working at your address, such as a quote or invoice.
Where to buy visitor parking permits
You can buy visitor permits for all zones at Central Library, Guildhall Square and Civic Offices reception. There are local purchase points for some zones – see the list below.
- Albert Road Post Office, 114 Albert Road, Southsea, PO4 0JS – MA, MB, MC, MD, ME and MF zones
- Alderman Lacey Library, 98 Tangier Rd, Baffins, PO3 6HU – HA and HB zones
- Beddow Library, Milton Road, Milton, PO4 8PR – HA, GB, MB, ME and NA zones
- Buckland Post Office, 47-49 Kingston Road, Buckland, PO2 7DP – FA, FC, FD and GA zones
- Carnegie Library, Fratton Road, Fratton, PO1 5EZ – GA, JE, JF and MB zones
- Cosham Library, Spur Road, Cosham, PO6 3EB – AB, BA, BB, BC, BD, BE and BF zones
- Landport Housing Office, 24 Commercial Place, PO1 4DT – FC and JB zones
- North End Library, Gladys Avenue, PO2 9AX – FD, FE, FF, FG and FH zones
- Portsea Library or Portsea Housing Office at the John Pounds Community Centre, 23 Queen Street, PO1 3HN – JA and JD zones
- Southsea Library, 19-21 Palmerston Road, Southsea, PO5 3QQ – KA, KB, KC, KD, LA, LB, MC and MD zones
- Somerstown Post Office, 74 – 78 St James Road, Southsea, PO5 4HZ – LA and LB zones
Not sure what the parking zone code is for your road? Find out on our Residents Parking Zones page
For information about resident permits, view the resident parking permits page.