To authorise the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club you need a club premises certificate from Portsmouth City Council.

In a qualifying club there is technically no sale by retail of alcohol (except to guests), as the member owns part of the alcohol stock and the money passing across the bar is merely a mechanism to preserve equity between members where one may consume more than another.

In order to constitute a qualifying club you must also satisfy the various requirements set out in the Licensing Act 2003.

More information about club premises certificates

Varying a club premises certificate