If you want to place ‘amenities’ such as a table and chairs, or a display stand outside your premises on the public highway, you must first obtain a permit from the council.

It is an offence for structures to be placed on the highway without prior approval

  • Links to our application forms, policy and guidance documents are available below
  • Please direct amenities enquiries to licensing@portsmouthcc.gov.uk or phone 023 9283 4073