Portsmouth library members enjoy free computer facilities, including word processing and access to the internet, in all nine city libraries.
You can book a computer up to seven days in advance, and for session lengths up to one hour per day, although more time is available at staff discretion.
Computer facilities offered at libraries
The following services are available, although not all are offered at all nine city libraries:
- Internet access and e-mail – search the web and communicate with friends and family
- Microsoft Office 2010 software, including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Excel
- Scanners – use our scanners to convert documents and photographs to digital format
- Multilingual support – public computers provide support for users in a wide selection of languages
- Blind and visually impaired support
- Photoshop (at selected branches)
MyCityWiFi availability at libraries
All libraries offer free and unlimited wireless internet access to Portsmouth library members. Make sure your battery is fully charged, because you aren’t allowed to plug laptops or other devices into library power points.
Free IT classes in the library
Our computer courses are currently suspended,
IT training for the visually impaired
Our visual impairment computer drop-in is currently suspended.