What to do if you have a power cut?

The council is not responsible for your electricity supply. If you have a power cut, please call the free national power cut number 105.

Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) can provide advice and support. You can find information about what to do on SSEN’s website.

SSEN also provide free support for customers with additional needs. This includes priority help in a power cut if you are over 60, live with children under five, or rely on electricity for medical equipment.

If you, or someone you care for, would benefit from extra help, you can make an application to be included on the free Priority Services Register. You can apply on the SSEN website or by calling their care line on 0800 294 3259.