Sheltered housing and extra care housing are mainly for older people who need different levels of support with their daily living and may also require personal care. To be eligible for extra care housing, an applicant will need to receive at least four hours personal care per week.
To be eligible for any of the Portsmouth City Council sheltered housing schemes, you will:
- Be a resident of Portsmouth (residents living in PO7 – PO9 areas are also eligible for PCC schemes in Leigh Park, Crookhorn and Wecock Farm)
- Have a defined housing need
- Have support and/or health needs
- Benefit from the sheltered housing services provided
- Be over 55 years of age. Under 55s with support needs may be considered
- Your needs will be assessed by a member of our housing options team for sheltered housing and adult social care for extra care housing
You may be eligible for sheltered housing or extra care housing, according to your age and needs, regardless of whether or not you are a council tenant. We assess applicants, and have a waiting list for suitable properties.
If you think some form of sheltered housing or extra care housing would suit you or someone you care about, email email@example.com or phone Housing Options on 023 9283 4989.