There are actions we can all take to help reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 and passing it on to others. These actions will also help to reduce the spread of other respiratory infections, such as flu, which can spread easily and may cause serious illness in some people.
Staying safe and well advice
- Getting vaccinated offers the best protection against COVID-19 – it reduces the risk of getting seriously ill and of spreading it to others
- Wash your hands regularly (you may wish to carry hand sanitiser when out and about)
- Use a tissue, or cough and sneeze into your arm
- If using tissues, dispose of them immediately and wash your hands
- Consider wearing a face covering if you wish to, in crowded and enclosed spaces
- Stay home and rest if you are unwell.