If you have concerns regarding someone who is in a ‘position of trust’ and works with a child, including foster carers and volunteers, these should be reported to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO). It is a statutory requirement to do this within 1 working day.
Portsmouth’s LADO can be contacted by:
For details of how the council uses information about allegations against Persons in Positions of Trust, please visit our Data Protection Privacy Notice page.
When receiving an allegation:
- Treat it seriously and keep an open mind
- Do not investigate
- Do not make assumptions or offer alternative explanations
- Do not promise confidentiality
- Record the details using the child/adult’s own words
- Note time/date/place of incident(s), persons present and what was said
- Sign and date the written record
- Do not inform the subject if this might place the child at risk of further harm or jeopardise any future investigation
Further information about allegations procedure can be found at PCSB website.