Our sensory impairment service offers support for adults in Portsmouth who are experiencing difficulties with their hearing, sight, or both.
We can work with you in your own home to help improve your safety, independence and wellbeing.
For those with hearing or sight loss we offer:
- demos of equipment to help around the home
- advice and techniques to make everyday activities and tasks easier
- training to give you the confidence and skills to go out independently
- signposting to clubs, support groups, services and concessions to help
- details of support for carers.
For those with sight loss, we offer IT classes and counselling.
If you think you may have issues with your sight or hearing, but you don’t have a diagnosis yet, you should first make an appointment with your GP. We can’t provide medical treatment, hearing aids or glasses.