If you suspect you or someone you know is experiencing abuse or neglect, please report it now.

Don’t assume that someone else is doing something to help. It is in everyone’s interest to look out for others and protect them from abuse.


In an emergency, or if you suspect you or someone else is in immediate danger, phone 999.

Concerns for an adult

Concerns for a child

Concerns of domestic abuse

If you have difficulty using the telephone, consider registering with the police direct access line.

Portsmouth Safeguarding Adults Board (PSAB)

Every local authority must have a Safeguarding Adults Board. It is a partnership of local organisations working together to oversee and lead safeguarding Portsmouth. This includes:

  • the council,
  • police,
  • NHS,
  • fire and rescue,
  • and others.

For more information about safeguarding adults, types of abuse and neglect to be aware of, and what happens when you report a safeguarding concern, visit the Portsmouth Safeguarding Adults Board website.