Pests are a common problem in Portsmouth. Our pest control team provides an effective pest control service for residents and businesses in the city at competitive prices. If you have a pest problem, get in touch straight away.
Pests we deal with
- Bed bugs
- Carpet beetles
- Pigeons (on the balconies of council tenants only)
- Wasps and other insects
We don't deal with
- Ants (we’ll only treat ants in commercial premises such as schools, nursing homes or commercial businesses – commercial charges will apply)
- Brown tail moth
- Cluster flies
- Honey bees
- House dust mites
Book a treatment
All domestic treatments require payment up front. Please have your card ready when you call to book an appointment.
To book an appointment, please call 023 9283 4251 (9am-4pm weekdays). Check your pest’s page for pre-treatment advice.
Please note, if you agree a pest control appointment then miss it, this will count as one of your visits.
If two visits are missed, your treatment will be cancelled. Further treatment will be charged at the rates below.
Business, commercial premises, residential premises run as a business and empty premises
We offer highly competitive rates to businesses and can design treatments to meet your individual requirements. Irrespective of the size or type of business you operate, if you are suffering with a pest problem please contact us and we will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with by our pest control supervisor as soon as possible.
The supervisor will contact you to discuss your needs, design a treatment tailored specifically to resolve the problems you are encountering as quickly as possible and provide a highly competitive, no-obligation quote.
To contact us, please call city helpdesk on 023 9283 4251.
Pest control in food premises
Pest control at food premises is important because many pests carry diseases and can contaminate food with their waste, hairs and bodies.
To avoid problems, design your premises to prevent entry to pests and make regular checks to ensure your premises stay pest free – if you discover you have a problem, take prompt action to deal with it.
The following will help control pests:
- Make sure all external doors are close fitting
- Install fly screens over windows and doors, where necessary
- Install an electrically operated fly killer (position it carefully to ensure effective operation and without putting food at risk)
- Keep refuse areas clean and tidy. Provide properly fitted lids for bins and containers
- Avoid spillages and clean up immediately
- Store opened packages of dry goods in resealable containers
- Investigate the cause of damage to packaging
- Ensure good stock rotation
Contact us if you need pest control services – alternatively, there are a range of pest control companies which can be found locally.