There are several simple steps you can take to try to prevent complaints, including:
- control the volume of music. It may be helpful to set a limit and ensure any external parties such a guest DJs or bands keep to it.
- install a noise limiter to control sound levels. An independent noise consultant will be able to advise on this.
- keep windows and doors closed when entertainment is taking place.
- install self-closing mechanisms to external doors.
- monitor inside and outside your venue when entertainment is taking place.
- keep loudspeakers away from party walls and external windows and place them on an absorbent material such as an acoustic rubber mat which will minimise noise transmitted through the floor.