Hate crime describes when someone is victimised because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
If you have experienced hate crime, you can report the incident online at True Vision, or go to your local police station and report the crime there.
Other useful links
- The Safer Portsmouth Partnership – combating racial harassment is one of the city’s priorities
- Advice Portsmouth (The YOU Trust) – information about racial harassment and discrimination with advice on what you can do about it
- True Vision is a national website with information about hate crime and how to report it
- Equality & human rights commission – publicly funded, non-governmental body promoting, among other things, racial equality
- Gov.uk’s plan to address hate crime and explaining the the law around discrimination
- Institute of Race Relations – for news and information on race issues in the UK and Europe