In March 2019, Portsmouth City Council declared a climate change emergency. We agree that we are in the middle of global changes to our climate that pose threats a threat to our health, our planet and our children’s and grandchildren’s future. There is no time to waste if we are to avoid the consequences of a rise in global warming above 1.5°C.
On this page you will find links to a range of council projects that are underway to tackle climate change.
Travel, transport and infrastructure
- Air Quality Strategy
- Greener, cleaner buses
- On-street electric car charging points
- Quieter cycling and walking routes
- Resident parking zones
- Supporting children and families to walk more with Pompey Monsters
- Sustainability at Portsmouth International Port
- South East Hampshire Rapid Transit – better connected public transport between Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, funded by Transforming Cities Fund
- Eastern Road Active Travel Route
- Extended bus routes
- Bike hangars
- New sustainable modes of travel – Voi rental e-scooter trial