Building on successful work that has been done so far to enhance the seafront, such as the beach volleyball court and an extended events programme, we have put together a plan of future improvements for the seafront.
This seafront strategy was approved by the Portsmouth City Council cabinet on 8 March 2010. You will find below a link to a background report by the University of Portsmouth and a progress report on the strategy.
The seafront strategy is a major part of the overall regeneration strategy for the city. It will play an important role in realising ambitions for Portsmouth to become a European city break destination with world-class attractions. The strategy identifies:
- improvements that are needed to the seafront
- particular character areas for which more specific guidance will the developed
- plans to increase the range of events and cultural activities that take place
- proposals for attracting and sustaining investment in seafront regeneration
For more information about the strategy, email email@example.com or call 023 9282 8112.
The Seafront masterplan will provide landowners and developers with guidance about what type of development is appropriate and how planning applications will be assessed. It will also act as a guide for future council investment in the area and provide a framework for funding bids.
- For more information and associated documents, see the Seafront masterplan.