- Portsmouth City Council (‘The Council’) is the local planning authority in respect of the land referred to in the First Schedule to this Direction.
- The Council is satisfied that it is expedient that the development described in the Second Schedule to the General Permitted Development Order 1995 (‘The Order’) and specified in this Direction should not be carried out unless permission is granted for it on an application.
- The Council is further satisfied that development as specified in the Second Schedule to this Direction would constitute a threat to the amenities of their area.
Now therefore the Council in pursuance of Article 4(2) of the Order and all other powers thereby enabling directs that:
- The permission granted by Article 3 of the Order shall not apply to development specified in the Second Schedule to this Direction in respect of the land specified in the First Schedule to this Direction (‘the Land’).
- Pursuant to Articles 4(2) and 6 of the Order, this Direction does not require the approval of the Secretary of State because it relates to certain categories of permitted development rights in a conservation area.
- This Direction shall, in accordance with Article 6(7) of the Order remain in force for a period of six months and will then expire unless it has been approved by the Council before that date.
- This Direction shall, in accordance with Article 6(3) of the Order, come into force in respect of any Land on the date on which the Notice of the making of the Direction is served on the occupier of the land, or if there is no occupier, the owner.