If you have any difficulty paying your Council Tax please get in touch as soon as you can – we are happy to talk about the situation and discuss a short-term payment plan with you.

We will recover unpaid council tax.

We’ll write to remind you that it needs to be paid and, if the money is not forthcoming, will issue a summons for you to attend a hearing at the Magistrates Court.

If the amount summonsed is not paid in full, with costs, after the hearing, or if you do not keep to the payment plan you have arranged with us, there are several other actions we can take.

The consequences of each of these stages are explained below.