There are over 7,000 Friends groups around the country made up of other people that love their park. We want to add one more for our special park.
Whatever you are interested in – park life, the lottery project, or building community – we can put you in touch with other like-minded people.
At this stage we are just asking for an expression of interest. Don’t worry, you won’t be committing yourself to anything! If you have time, skills or experience you want to share, or to find out more, please complete the form here.
Here are a few ideas of what you could get involved in as a friend or volunteer:
- Historical objects – this might include research of the monuments or fountain. Help us to understand and learn from them in today’s world.
- History of the park and people – explore how Victorians used the park, such as what events took place at the bandstand.
- Botany – help with the trees, shrubs, flowers or develop community growing spaces.
- Education and conservation – for those interested in the environment and looking after nature. We want to generate an interest in these issues in others, especially children and young people with special needs, by sharing what we treasure about the park.
- The aviary – some people have a special interest in these birds and animals. There’s a lot we can learn from visiting similar projects elsewhere.
- Play and activities – there are limited facilities for play in the park, especially for young children. Come and influence what is provided for children now and in the future.
- Community involvement – If you belong to a special interest group or support others that do, you might want to become a Friend to help get that voice across.
- Building community – you may want to meet like-minded people or do something for the benefit of the community.
- Other – we are open to your ideas, so please tell us using the form.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9268 8911
If anyone you know might be interested, but don’t have an email or computer, please get in touch and we can send details via post or arrange a phone call.
Find out more about Friends Groups elsewhere in the UK.