On this page you will find further comments for the Sport and Leisure Facilities Consultation.
- Base: 662 (showing themes mentioned by at least 20 respondents)
- Respondents called for a high-quality, modern facility with good management and long-term maintenance; with many calling the Bransbury Park proposal a good idea.
- A need for more sport and leisure facilities throughout the city emerged, with several respondents explaining the poor condition of current provisions.
- Improving current facilities across the city was another popular theme, such as Eastney Swimming Pool and Wimbledon Park Sports Centre being upgraded.
- Other suggestions included specific comments on improving the Pyramids and Mountbatten Centre, building new outdoor facilities (e.g. a lido, sports courts), indoor facilities (e.g. rock climbing, indoor sports courts), encouraging active travel, needing badminton courts, and keeping sport and leisure affordable to all.