You can contact us in the following ways:

  • by phone on 023 9284 1172 (you can also phone to request a postage-paid complaints form)
  • in person by making an appointment
  • by writing to: The Complaints Manager for Social Care, Portsmouth City Council, 5th Floor, Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2EP
  • by sending an email to

We take complaints very seriously, while we try to provide a good service, we know that sometimes things go wrong. We have developed a complaints procedure in response to this. We aim to sort out complaints quickly and fairly and we will try to sort out any mistake or misunderstanding straight away. Sometimes it may take longer but we will let you know how long it will take.

It is always helpful from the outset to know what you want us to do to put things right.

Making a complaint will not affect your right to receive our services.