- The sample is representative in the majority of districts PO1, PO3, PO5 and PO6 (differences with the population split are less than 2%).
- There is underrepresentation in PO2 (-3 percentage points) and overrepresentation in PO4 (+6 percentage points).
- There is also variation in response numbers by postcode sector, as shown in the map.
Age, gender and ethnic group
- The majority of respondents in the consultation sample are aged 45+ (72%), this is a common trend in social surveying.
- More women (63%) responded to the survey than men (37%), again this is to be expected in public consultations.
- More white people responded (98%) than any other ethnic group.
Household income, disability and disability type
- The consultation sample represents people across the household income spectrum; the most popular annual household income brackets are those between £10,000 and £59,999, accounting for 71% of this cohort.
- The majority of respondents have no disability (85%).
- The most common disability types in the sample are ‘mobility’ (33%) and ‘physical’ (29%).
|wdt_ID||MOSAIC Group||Consultation respondents (%)||Total population breakdown (%)||Absolute difference (percentage points)|
- Using the postcode data collected in the survey, a MOSAIC profile was produced.
- 11 out of the 15 MOSAIC groups have an absolute difference of less than three percentage points from the Experian estimate of Portsmouth population profile.
- The output shows that the consultation sample is generally representative of the adult population of Portsmouth.