Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to the City Council for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to:
Data Protection Officer
Portsmouth City Council
A request form is available to print and complete: Data subject access – request form
Please bring your completed request form to ground floor reception at the Civic Offices, along with:
- a form of identification (passport or driving licence)
- a recent bank statement or utility bill
The following may also be helpful:
- any former names
- former addresses
- any reference numbers given to you by Council services
If you cannot come to the Civic Offices, have difficulty making a written request, or don’t have any form of identification please use the contact details below to discuss your request with us.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Data Protection Officer.
Please be aware that we would not let you see any parts of your record which contain:
- Confidential information about other people; or
- Information that a professional thinks will cause serious harm to you or someone else’s physical or mental wellbeing; or
- If we think that a crime may be prevented or found out by disclosing information to you.