Anyone can now get free twice-weekly asymptomatic tests, even if you’ve had the vaccine:
- Children over 11 years of age get tests as part of their schools testing programme
- Your employer may offer asymptomatic testing in the workplace
- School staff, nursery staff and secondary school pupils should take twice-weekly tests using home test kits provided by their school, nursery or college.
- Supervised test can be booked locally by at a community test site
- You can collect free home test kit from a test site
- You can order home test kits online
It is important to keep testing every 3-4 days (twice a week) to help identify the one in three who catch coronavirus but do not develop symptoms.
Asymptomatic tests are encouraged even for those who have received the vaccine. The vaccination will not give a false positive result.
Asymptomatic tests should not be used within 90 days of a positive PCR test because of the risk of false positives.
Anyone testing positive for coronavirus using an asymptomatic lateral flow device, must isolate immediately and book a confirmatory symptomatic PCR test.