- Adult social care – services running as normal.
- Advice Portsmouth – offering face to face appointments and continuing to provide advice and support by phone, email, text, webchat or social media. Face to face appointments will be managed by a booking system. Call 023 92794 340 or email email@example.com.
- Parks, open spaces and outside leisure facilities – open find out more information.
- Portsmouth Carers Centre – this service is currently supporting people remotely and on an appointment only basis.
- Civic Offices – the Civic Offices is open for payments from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. Payments can also be made online; you can call our payments line on 0800 876 6576. Services which used to accept drop-in visits now need you to make an appointment – unless the situation is urgent, such as an emergency homelessness application or other crisis. See more details here
- Community centres – Community centres run by the council (Cosham Community Centre, Paulsgrove Community Centre, Charles Dickens Activity Centre and Somerstown Community Centre) are operating as normal. For any enquiries for the HNB community centres please visit Community centres in Portsmouth – PYC Portsmouth. For the opening times of all other community centres please visit their website directly.
- Council Tax – can be paid online, by phone or in person. View further advice on council tax.
- Dog kennels– the kennels are operating fully at their usual opening times, please see the kennels webpage for more details.
- Family Hubs – closed for drop-in but available by appointment. Some limited socially distanced group work continues. More information and contact details on Family Hubs.
- Housing Needs, Advice & Support services– Services, including support for those that are homeless, at threat of homelessness or rough sleepers, are running, and can be contacted by phone, email, or walk-in. Appointments for in-person meetings at the Civic Offices can be arranged through the Housing Needs, Advice & Support team. This can be arranged in person at the civic offices or by calling on 023 9283 4989.
- Housing offices– Services to tenants in local authority housing remain in operation and can be contacted by phone or email. Payments can be made online; you can also call our payments line on 0800 876 6576. All housing offices are open for services for those that need to come into the offices. Appointments for in-person meetings can be arranged by tenants contacting their Housing Officer. Contact details for your local housing office can be found on our ‘contact us’ page.
- Kickstart – service running as normal to support employers apply for Kickstart placements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Libraries – open for browsing and borrowing, PCs and printing, photocopying, visitor parking permits and other services. You can find more information on our library information page.
- Licensing – the licensing office is open by appointment only. Find out what safety measures are in place and how to book an appointment on our licensing page.
- Parking – all parking restrictions in Portsmouth continue to be enforced. Resident parking zones are operational and there is a charge for parking in Council car parks and on-street parking. Visitor parking permits are available from libraries and post offices (you can find your nearest purchase point on the Visitor parking permits page). Registered residents can also use RingGo to purchase visitor parking permits.
- Planning applications – are now being processed. View information on temporary changes.
- Port Solent Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) – open 9am-6pm, you must book an appointment
- Recycling and rubbish collections – running as normal. View details on the full list of services.
- Register office – open by appointment. View further information.
- Schools – School attendance will continue to be mandatory for all pupils of compulsory school age in Autumn term 2021. Please refer to your school’s website for details and guidance for the return to school. Find more on our school pages.
- The Learning Place – fully open and all services running as normal. Call 023 9262 1860 or email email@example.com for more information
- Unemployment Support – Support for individuals who are seeking work is being offered remotely and in person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Youth clubs and adventure playgrounds – We’re now open again. If you need support, please contact your local youth club or adventure playground. You can find opening hours and contact details on the PYC Portsmouth – Play Youth Community website.
- Young carers – New referrals welcome. Some limited socially distanced 1:1 support and group work continues. Contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 02392 688 499.
Services that are not running
- Events – event applications are being processed. Read the updated guidance on temporary event notices.
All services not listed are operating.