- Adult social care – services running as normal.
- Parks, open spaces and outside leisure facilities – open with coronavirus restrictions in place. Find out more information.
- Portsmouth Carers Centre – this service is currently supporting people remotely and on an appointment only basis.
- Civic Offices – the Civic Offices is open for payments from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. Payments can also be made online; you can call our payments line on 0800 876 6576. Services which used to accept drop-in visits now need you to make an appointment – unless the situation is urgent, such as an emergency homelessness application or other crisis. See more details here
- Community centres – Community centres run by the council (Cosham Community Centre, Paulsgrove Community Centre, Charles Dickens Activity Centre and Somerstown Community Centre) are operating as normal. For any enquiries for the HNB community centres please visit Community centres in Portsmouth – PYC Portsmouth. For the opening times of all other community centres please visit their website directly.
- Council Tax – can be paid online or by phone. View further advice on Council Tax.
- Dog kennels– the kennels are operating fully at their usual opening times, please see the kennels webpage for more details.
- Family Hubs – closed for drop-in but available by appointment. Some limited socially distanced group work continues. More information and contact details on Family Hubs.
- Housing Needs, Advice & Support services– Services, including support for those that are homeless, at threat of homelessness or rough sleepers, are running, and can be contacted by phone, email, or walk-in. Appointments for in-person meetings at the Civic Offices can be arranged through the Housing Needs, Advice & Support team. This can be arranged in person at the civic offices or by calling on 023 9283 4989.
- Housing offices– Services to tenants in local authority housing remain in operation and can be contacted by phone or email. Payments can be made online; you can also call our payments line on 0800 876 6576. All housing offices are open for services for those that need to come into the offices. Appointments for in-person meetings can be arranged by tenants contacting their Housing Officer. Contact details for your local housing office can be found on our ‘contact us’ page.
- Kickstart – service running as normal to support employers apply for Kickstart placements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Libraries – will be open from Monday 12 April. This includes click and collect and access to public computers. You can find more information on our library information page.
- Licensing – the licensing office is open by appointment only. Find out what safety measures are in place and how to book an appointment on our licensing page.
- Parking – all parking restrictions in Portsmouth continue to be enforced. Resident parking zones are operational and there is a charge for parking in Council car parks and on-street parking. Parking permits will not be available to collect from libraries – customers should use RingGo instead.
- Planning applications – are now being processed. View information on temporary changes.
- Port Solent Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) – open 9am-6pm, you must book an appointment
- Recycling and rubbish collections – running as normal. View details on the full list of services.
- Register office – open by appointment. View further information.
- Schools – most children returned to face-to-face learning on Monday 8 March 2021. Find more on our school pages.
- The Learning Place – temporarily closed to the public but operating remotely. All enquiries will be responded to and courses are running remotely for those that can access. Call 023 9262 1860 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Unemployment Support – Support for individuals who are seeking work is being offered remotely. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Youth clubs and adventure playgrounds – We’re now open again. If you need support, please contact your local youth club or adventure playground. You can find opening hours and contact details on the PYC Portsmouth – Play Youth Community website.
- Young carers – New referrals welcome. Some limited socially distanced 1:1 support and group work continues. Contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 02392 688 499.
Services that are not running
- Advice Portsmouth – the drop-in centre is closed.
- Events – event applications are being processed. Read the updated guidance on temporary event notices.
All services not listed are operating.