Applications for this payment are now closed.
The government has announced an additional £1000 Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs in Tiers 2 and 3 who will miss out on much needed business during the busy Christmas period. We are awaiting advice from government about Tier 4 funding.
Pubs that mainly serve alcohol rather than food have been asked to make huge sacrifices over the festive season and will be eligible for a one-off £1000 to help make ends meet.
This will cover those in Tiers 2 and 3 forced to reduce their operations as a result of the latest regional measures put in place to contain transmission of the virus.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- occupies property on which it pays business rates
- is a wet led pub, meaning that the business derives under 50 per cent of its income from food sales.
- was trading on 4 November 2020.
For the purposes of this payment, pubs should under normal circumstances (without local or national restrictions) be described as:
- open to the general public
- allowing free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- allowing drinking without requiring food to be consumed and
- permitting drinks to be purchased at a bar
Business who are not a wet-led pub are not eligible for this payment.
The following exclusions also apply:
- Pubs that derive over 50 per cent of their income from food sales will not be eligible to receive funding through this grant scheme.
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of state aid permitted
You can also view more information on the government website.