If you’re applying for a Test and Trace Support Payment as a parent or guardian who is caring for a child or young person who was self-isolating on or after 16 August 2021:
A parent or guardian of a young person who is required to self-isolate may be eligible for a ‘main’ payment if they live in England and meet the following criteria (even if they are exempt from self-isolation themselves):
- they are the parent or guardian of a young person in the same household who is self-isolating and need to take time off work to care for them;
- they are unable to work from home and will lose income;
- the young person is:
- aged 15 or under and has been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace because they have tested positive for COVID-19; or
- aged 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan and been told to stay at home and self- isolate by NHS Test and Trace because they have tested positive for COVID-19; or
- aged 25 and under, is not exempt from self-isolation from 16 August, has an EHC Plan and has been notified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 (by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app); or
- the young person normally attends an education or care setting; and
- the parent or guardian meets all the other criteria for a ‘main’ payment.
You will not be eligible for a payment if:
- You are a parent or guardian of a child or young person who is self-isolating with symptoms but has not tested positive for COVID-19 and has not been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
- You are a parent or guardian who has a job that can normally be done from home but needs to take time off to care for a child or young person.
- You are a parent or guardian who has taken time off work because the education or care setting has closed.
- Your application overlaps with another period of self-isolation that a payment has already been awarded for. This applies irrespective of whether the parent or guardian is claiming twice for the same child, or for two different children.
Please note that this is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child or young person’s self-isolation period.