- Find support, advice and inspiration for growing your business at businesssupport.gov.uk
- Call the Government Business Support Helpline on 0300 456 3565, find them on Twitter or chat to them online
- Visit Solent Growth Hub, call them on 01329 820 898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A range of business information is available in Portsmouth Central Library
- Get online advice on protecting your business ideas and read about government advice and services.
- For general business support enquiries phone us on 023 9284 1074
- Business South can give you the tools you need to help your new business thrive, including access to start-up loans. Email email@example.com to discuss your needs.
- WSX Enterprise has experts who deliver a range of business support programmes, often working with funding organisations. For more information call 01329 223242.
If you are thinking about, or in the process of, setting up your own business in Portsmouth, you won’t be the first – many businesses in different sectors have started and successfully grown in Portsmouth.
We offer a number of initiatives to help business startups, including:
- office space, industrial workshops and storage units on flexible, monthly terms at our Portsmouth Enterprise Centres, and
- help with local business regulations, such as building control, environmental health, licensing and planning.
Find out more by following the links below:
- Find the current planning use category of a premises
- Find planning advice on the Planning Portal
- Apply for a permit to place things on the highway (amenities licence)
- Find advice on starting a food business
- Find licensing advice
- Trading Standards advice
- Advice on business premises for startups
- Advice on market stalls and concessional pitches
If your query isn’t covered in the links above or our frequently asked questions below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.