- Enterprise First can give you the tools you need to help your new business thrive, including access to start-up loans. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs
- Visit Solent Growth Hub, call them on 01329 820 898 or email email@example.com
- Find out about the Solent Prosperity Fund at Solent LEP and enquire about support for small and medium business
- Call the Government Business Support Helpline on 0300 456 3565, find them on Twitter or chat to them online
- Find support, advice and inspiration for growing your business at greatbusiness.gov.uk
- Apply for a Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme for £2500 towards a gigabit-capable connection. You can also email GigabitVoucher@culture.gov.uk
- The Business Support Bank offers free peer-to-peer advice and guidance on how to develop a business to recent start-ups and established businesses in the PO1-PO6 postcode area.
- Read the funding sheet.
- Attend a business support event – There is an ongoing programme of FREE business training and networking events to help you learn new techniques for growing your business and meet new customers, clients and suppliers. See events here
Advice and links to help develop your business
I'd like to find a way to grow my business. Where can I go to get started?
I'm a small business in the technology sector. Where can I get financial help and advice to help me grow my business?
Innovate UK is a grant scheme which offers funding to small businesses to engage in R&D projects.
I'm ready to grow my business and create new jobs. Where's a good place to start?
Solent Growth Hub is a ‘one-stop-shop’ for advice and will be able to talk through your ideas and options.
Are there any grants or advice that can help me develop my social enterprise?
Portsmouth Partnership Foundation provides grants for social enterprises that want to grow and develop.
Other sources of growth funding and support
Shaping the future of Portsmouth
Shaping the future of Portsmouth’s business and enterprise workstream is dedicated to helping local businesses develop. It offers regular monthly events, covering subjects from legal advice, business planning, marketing and communications, to more specific topics such as retailing and advertising.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gov.uk provides information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you’re self-employed or a sole trader. Gov.uk is your route to a comprehensive range of objective and impartial business information and advice.
Enterprise First helps businesses in Hampshire to start up and develop.
Tel: 0845 458 7535
Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Wessex Region
The Federation of Small Businesses exists to promote and protect the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
Tel: 07811 875868
Fredericks Foundation is a charity that helps disadvantaged people to set up, or expand their own business as a means to achieve financial independence while rebuilding their confidence and self esteem.
Tel: 012 7647 2722
Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
By joining the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce you can find new business, make valuable contacts, expand into international markets, raise the profile of your business and join a collective voice that can be heard in the corridors of power.
Tel: 013 2924 2420
The European Information Service Centre
The European Information Service Centre helps small business in developing their business in the EU and is part of a network to make the most of the European marketplace.
Tel: 023 8020 6162