The Employment and Skills team supports individuals and local business through a range of targeted programmes. We support local employers to recruit, often working with them to consider diversifying their workforce to support individuals with disabilities enter the employment market.
We are champions of the Disability Confident.
Current services we offer include:
- My Future in Portsmouth Youth Hub – A one-stop service that helps jobseekers aged between 16 and 24 to find work. Services include helping people into work, confidence building and health and wellbeing advice. Our team of employment experts offer virtual, face to face and group sessions. If you’re aged between 16 and 24 and are looking for work, or you are a business that can offer work experience, apprenticeships or jobs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support for the unemployed – We deliver government-funded programmes to support those facing barriers to employment, including disabilities. Individuals can join these programmes directly by getting in touch, or can be referred through the Job Centre. Support is offered remotely and in person.
- Helping employers to recruit – Across our unemployment programmes we have access to a large pool of talent with a unique ability to match candidates to the needs of your business – to help employers to recruit. Our mission is to help and support our candidates find the right job. In return we can offer a free and fast recruitment service to help Portsmouth employers recruit the right person for their vacancy.
- Work and Health Programme, in partnership with Seetec Pluss
- Restart scheme in partnership with Fedcap
- National Careers Service in partnership with CXK
- Email us email@example.com