The Employment and Skills team supports individuals and local business through a range of targeted programmes. We support local employers to recruit, often working with them to consider diversifying their workforce to support individuals with disabilities enter the employment market.
We are champions of the Disability Confident.
Current services we offer include:
- Support for the unemployed – We deliver government-funded programmes to support those facing barriers to employment, including disabilities. Individuals can join these programmes directly by getting in touch, or can be referred through the Job Centre. Support is offered remotely and in person.
- Helping employers to recruit – Across our unemployment programmes we have access to a large pool of talent with a unique ability to match candidates to the needs of your business – to help employers to recruit. Our mission is to help and support our candidates find the right job. In return we can offer a free and fast recruitment service to help Portsmouth employers recruit the right person for their vacancy.
- re:work IPS – part of the government’s Individual Placement and Support (IPS) employment support programme. A free employment support service which helps motivated job-seekers to rebuild their lives through employment and helps local employers to find suitable candidates for vacancies based on previous skills and training. Contact IPS@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
- Work and Health Programme, in partnership with Seetec Pluss
- Restart scheme in partnership with Fedcap
- National Careers Service in partnership with CXK
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org